Enables you to select column and row separators according to which the data table is generated.
DataTable - The data table variable that would contain the data table.
Input - The source of the unstructured data to be converted into a table.
Fixed Formatting Options
ColumnSizes - Defines the size of the column to be created in the table.
ColumnSeparators - Defines the character to be used as a column separator.
NewLineSeparator - Defines the character to be used as a new line separator.
ContinueOnError - The Boolean value to specify whether to continue executing the next activities even if there is an error thrown on this activity.
DisplayName - Renames the activity.
- Create a DataTable variable called dt.
- Add a Generate Data Table inside a Sequence, and in the DataTable field under Properties, add dt.
- In the ColumnSeparators field under Properties, write ";", and in the NewLineSeparator field, write "|".
- In the Input field, type "ID; Name; Age|1; Nicole; 26|2; John; 25|3; Michael; 27". This would be the sample values inside the data table.
- Create a String variable called dataTable.
- Add an Output Data Table activity, and in the Text field under Properties, write dataTable.
- In the DataTable field, add dt.
- Add a Message Box activity, and in the Content field, write dataTable.
The use case should look like the following screenshot:
The output should be a Message Box containing the generated data table: